I'm scheduled to arrive in DR next month with a group of friends. It's our first time to the DR, and of course, the Majestic Elegance. We are all staying in the Elegance Club level, and had a couple of questions that I haven't seen answered.
1. Internet Access: I've read the hotel internet thread, but still don't know what's offered for Elegance Club level guests, but free internet is available. Is there free WiFi in room? Free wired in room? Free WiFi in lobby? Or only the free computers in the Club lounge?
2. Verizon Wireless Data Services: According to VZW they offer 3G service in the area, does anyone have any experience with it? How fast are the speeds? Can I suitably run Skype off my phone?
3. Airport Fees: Probably in a FAQ somewhere, but I just want to get it straight. Arriving in PUJ there is a $10 CASH tourist card requirement. Departing, there is a $20 CASH fee. Correct?
4. At Majestic Elegance, any recommendations for which building and room to request? Ideally, I'm up on the 2nd or 3rd floor.
5. Surprisingly, I cannot find a spa menu anywhere. Anyone have a link, or take a picture, or can give an idea of prices?
6. Bugs & Malaria: The travel medical clinic highly recommended Malaria pills and heavy bug spray for the evenings. I'm not so keen on the side affects of the Malaria pills. What say most of you? Are evening insects a problem?
I just read recently in a tripadvisor review that in the Elegance Club you can get FREE internet (not wireless) but you either need to bring a cable connection (not sure if it is a phone line or CAT line or for $10/deposit you can get one from the lobby for your stay.
Post by tandbarnold on Apr 5, 2011 17:09:28 GMT -5
The Spa services are incredible, the spa is relatively new and has numerous amenities and is stunning!!! While I was there, I didn't indulge in any treatments but we had a tour of the spa and all I can say is...next time I'm treating myself. It's stunning!! We didn't have any issue with bugs. It is a gorgeous resort, loved every second of it. We were on the ground floor with the pool right outside our door, but not in the elegance section. Don't forget your insulated mugs!! Cheers.